We take our corporate social responsibility very seriously via the following commitments:
The relationship Hastie Burton Joinery forges and manages with its customers is the platform for its success and long term future.
We will endeavour to be open and honest with our customers regarding our products and services.
We will always endeavour to use local suppliers as much as possible. This not only helps in our quest to support the local community, which has been at the heart of Hastie Burton since 1903, but also reduces energy consumption in deliveries.
Our staff are our most valuable asset.
We value their health, safety and general well being above all else.
We endeavour to support our staff in fulfilling their personal and career development ambitions and also training and supporting a number of local apprentices each year in conjunction with the Construction Industrial Training Board.
Hastie Burton Joinery is committed to the protection of the environment.
Where it is within the company's control, Hastie Burton Joinery undertakes to:
- Continuously improve management processes and operational procedures that are designed to prevent pollution.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Provide employees and sub contractors with such information and training relevant to environmental protection.
- Make efficient use of energy resources, taking appropriate opportunities to reduce waste and promote the reuse and recycling of materials.
- Avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes.
- Ensure all waste materials are stored, and disposed of safely in accordance with the company's duty of care.
- Minimise environmental nuisance arising from any work activity, which may have an effect on any neighbours.
- When appropriate, liaise and consult with the Environmental Agency and Local Authority and communities on environmental issues.